Our Payment Policy
* Insurance Copays are required to be paid on the date of service * 1/2 down payment is required to order and balance is to be paid when materials are dispensed * Full payment is required for all non-covered services/materials, which include the following: - Eyedrops, etc. - Contact Lens Solutions - Optical Accessories (including OTC Readers) - Non-prescription Sunglasses - Contacts or Glasses not being submitted to or paid by your insurance company (Example: All Medicaid/Blue Chip Contact Lenses are to be paid in full and All non-Medicaid/Blue Chip Glasses are to be paid in full) We will be glad to submit to your insurance company and will reimburse you if necessary when and if your insurance payment is received.
*Cash *Personal checks * Discover * MasterCard * Visa * American Express
* 10% Senior Citizen Savings (65 and older) on a complete pair of glasses with full payment * 20% Savings on second pair with 90 days of purchase * 20% Savings off non-prescription sunwear for all contact lens wearers * Ask us about our Eye Care Savings Plan!
Insurance & Co-Pays
We accept many major insurance & vision plans including the following but are not limited to:
- Medicare/Medicare Advantage plans (including Humana HMO Gold)
- EyeMed (many plans)
- Community Health Network (CHN) (includes Cigna plans)
- First Choice Health Network (FCHN) (includes Aetna & EBMS plans)
- InterWest Network (includes Allegiance plans)
- Pacific Source
- Mountain Health Co-op
- Tricare (need PCP referral)
- VA/TriWest & other Veteran programs (need referral from VA)
- Worker's Compensation (state & federal)
If you have routine vision benefits covered under your primary medical insurance, we will gladly submit the exam to your insurance carrier. We also provide discounts for out of network EyeMed and Davis Vision Plans.
NOTE: Please bring your insurance card with you, along with the insurance billing address and payer ID numbers. (A Patient's benefit year and employment status, etc., can change anytime of year, so we will ask you to confirm your insurance information each and every time we see you).
At Montana Eyecare, our goal is promote good eye health and enable you to have the clearest vision possible. We accept several types of vision insurance, cash, checks, and most credit cards. We inform our patients about exam and treatment costs at the beginning of your appointment. If you require a breakdown of costs, please let us know.
The knowledgeable staff at Montana Eyecare is experienced in working with vision insurance providers. We will work directly with you and your vision insurer to submit claims regarding your vision care. We strive to ensure that you understand your insurance coverage and will answer any questions you may have regarding your benefits. Many current vision plans are designed to cover many of the basic vision-related costs, but not all costs associated with eye care. Most plans often require a co-payment for an office appointment as well as additional costs that are covered by the insured patient.
Contact our office at (406) 443-2121 to find out if your insurance provider is accepted in our office or for more information about your vision coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Many employers are offering Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options to employees. Sometimes these are referred to as cafeteria plans and are elective, supplemental insurance savings plans. These plans are designed to let you save money in an account, pre-tax, to pay for additional medical expenses such as eye exams, glasses, contacts, and often laser vision surgery. Check with the benefits administrator at your work to see if you are eligible for this program. FSAs can typically be used in conjunction with any vision insurance plan to offset any out-of-pocket costs on your behalf.